Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Yes we did

The 2012 election has come to a close and President Obama has been re-elected for a second term. I watched the results roll in to a late-ish hour here on the East Coast. I left the room for about 2 minutes and when I came back, NBC called Ohio for the President. Then it was over.

Elizabeth Warren has been elected to the Senate. Claire McCaskill and Joe Donnelly defeated Todd Akin and Richard Murdock, respectively. Apparently you can't say crazy things about rape and women's bodies and get elected to the Senate.Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) was also elected to the Senate and is the first openly gay woman to serve in that legislative body. Tea Party favorite Allen West (R-FL) has also been defeated. Thank the Universe.

MN has defeated the marriage and voter ID amendments. Excellent. I'm so proud of my home state.

Fat cat millionaires and billionaires spent a pretty penny to ensure Mitt Romney won. But that didn't work out.

Now, we will come together or become more divided?

Time shall bring the answer my fellow Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment